Even what happened to Leonor Cipriano ...

honestbroker1

Even what happened to Leonor Cipriano ...

Post by honestbroker1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Appalling though that was, doesn't cap this (America):

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -acquitted

A police officer subjects an unarmed man on the floor to a verbal harangue of abuse before shooting him in cold blood.

Appalling.

Daniel Shaver was unarmed when shot, but reached to pull up his trousers, misinterpreted by the officer as an act of reaching for a gun.

He was given benefit of doubt on that score and acquitted of all charges.

I guess the nearest UK equivalent would be the Jean Charles de Menezes shooting at an underground station.

catkins

Re: Even what happened to Leonor Cipriano ...

Post by catkins » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:16 pm

:s_omg
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Carana

Post by Carana » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 am

Police brutality seems quite frequent in the US:
A naked woman tasered because she couldn't take out her tongue ring (warning: graphic):
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/938854504270675968

Reuters keeps updating the number of people who've died tasered in police custody. A number of them were in shackles or handcuffs at the time.
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... ium=Social
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

catkins

Post by catkins » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:30 am

:Bang_head God it makes me glad that our Police Officers are mainly unarmed......not sure about how many have Tasers.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

Carana

Post by Carana » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 pm

catkins wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:30 am
:Bang_head God it makes me glad that our Police Officers are mainly unarmed......not sure about how many have Tasers.
I have no problem with officers having some form of weapon... provided it's used in a responsible way and there's adequate accountability. Sadly, that doesn't always seem to be the case.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

catkins

Post by catkins » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 am

Carana wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 pm
catkins wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:30 am
I have no problem with officers having some form of weapon... provided it's used in a responsible way and there's adequate accountability. Sadly, that doesn't always seem to be the case.
I'm thinking that maybe the people becoming Police Officers aren't of the same calibre as they used to be.... :s_sad

The last 2 people (not friends) that I know of who joined the police.....................should never have been accepted imo if there had been proper psychological examinations :s_biggrin They were ok but one seriously had no "people skills"...and the other was a youngster who could be erratic shall we say.

The younger one is no longer in the force.......and the other more mature one was put in the Canine Section. I have no idea if he is still in.

sal

Post by sal » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 pm

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search

15 years after being convicted of the murder of his niece Joana , João Cipriano left, around 9 am Monday, March 11, on parole at the Carregueira Prison in Sintra. On leaving the prison he said he was " innocent ". "I did not commit any crime. I did not touch it with a finger. ", Told the Impala News Portal .

Leonor Cipriano , the mother, and João Cipriano, the uncle of Joana, who pleaded guilty during the trial of the murder of Joana - the child who disappeared on September 12, 2004 in the village of Figueira, in Portimão - are now said to be innocent . At that time, the child, whose body was never found, was eight years old.

"I know my niece is alive. I will do everything for her to appear, "says João Cipriano

The mother and the child's uncle were eventually arrested in the same month that Joana disappeared. During the trial, João Cipriano confessed to having beaten the child to death with the complicity of his sister, who left the chain of Odemira in February this year. The uncle admitted that he had dismembered Joan and hid her body in a cold chest. The remains will then have been fed to pigs. "I did not hurt her, I just killed her," the defendant said in court. Now, João Cipriano tells our website that "he never said that."

The ex-inmate also reveals that since they were both incarcerated, he never had contact with Leonor Cipriano. "My sister has not spoken to me since we were arrested. I did not want to talk to her any more. "

If it will be reopened with new evidence: "I want the truth to come to the top"
João Cipriano
João Cipriano outside the Carregueira Prison, in Sintra
In the presence of his new lawyer, Manuel Mendes Ferreira , João Cipriano announces that he will return to court to reopen the case and prove his innocence. There will be new evidence at stake. "I'm going with my lawyer to reopen the case. I want the truth to come up. "Speaking to our website, the lawyer, who represents the former prisoner since February of this year, confirms that the case will be reopened due to new facts that he can not disclose for now.

He then points out that João Cipriano told him that he loved his niece and assured him "that it had nothing to do with the practice of referenced crimes". In 2013, the Court of Portimão stated that João Cipriano showed lack of empathy for the victim when he asked to go on probation halfway through the sentence in the Easter season. Regarding these allegations, Manuel Mendes Ferreira says that his client had a picture of Joana in his locker in the prison and that this is "significant", unless João Cipriano is "a big pretend and a fraud". The lawyer also points out that Joana's uncle has been convicted of the "conviction" of public opinion that he was guilty and "not for the truth."

The reason he confessed to the murder was because he "allegedly took some squeeze" from the authorities, says the legal representative. This is the same version told by Leonor Cipriano, when also released from prison in February this year.

During the 14 years and a half that he was imprisoned, João Cipriano had some sanctions while in prison. The victim's uncle tells our site that he has never had "problems with anyone", but nevertheless confesses that he has been punished "three or four times" in jail because of bad behavior. João Cipriano devalues ​​these punishments: "That was things inside. Does not matter".

About the time he spent in Carregueira, he says that he was always working and studying, having completed fourth grade. Now the ex-prisoner, who is on parole and will have to appear regularly to the authorities until 2022, wants to start a new life in Silves at his aunt and mother's house "to work in the works and the countryside".

João Cipriano, Manuel Mendes Ferreira
Manuel Mendes Ferreira, João Cipriano's new lawyer
Click here and watch the video with all the statements made to our site by João Cipriano
A case with many versions and few proofs
Although João Cipriano revealed that he assaulted his niece because Joana did not bring the money back after shopping at the grocery store at the family's behest, the prosecution formed the thesis that Joana had caught Leonor and her brother having incestuous s-e-x . Today, the girl's mother claims to be innocent and has pleaded guilty only because she had been pressured to do so by the authorities, who assaulted her when she was detained preventively.

However, some jurors never seemed to believe this confession. The version of the mother and the uncle had sold the girl, especially after the testimony of Zulmira Ophelia, the last person to see Joana alive , gained weight. "I never convinced myself that they had killed the girl. Very little time has passed since I saw her, until I spoke to her mother. It was impossible for them to hide their bodies and be so relaxed, "said the neighbor. Joana was last seen at a grocery store near the house.

At the end of the trial, in 2005, both mother and uncle were both sentenced to 16 years and eight months in prison for murder and concealment of the corpse. This sentence was already a reduced conviction by the Supreme Court of Justice. In court of first instance, Leonor had been sentenced to 20 years and four months in prison and John at 19 years and two months. In the court of the relation the progenitor and the brother had been acquitted, taking into account that the body of Joana never was found. It is to be remembered that in Portugal it is rare the case of condemnation for qualified homicide without there being a physical evidence.

"[Leonor and John] acted with full awareness of the consequences of their acts by violently beating little Joan." They used 'their strength disproportionate to that of an eight-year-old.' The defendants only stop beating Joana "when they killed her, although she bleeds through the nose, mouth and temple", can be read in the judgment of the Supreme Court, released by Diário de Notícias.

Leonor left on February 7 last. As soon as she left the Odemira Prison in Beja, Leonor, who had already served five-sixths of the sentence, said she was innocent and had been unjustly convicted. "I was convicted without evidence. I did not kill my daughter. It would never hurt. I just confessed everything because I was beaten at PJ de Faro. "

READ MORE: Leonor Cipriano: "I'm going to find my daughter, I'll find her"

Members of the PJ were also convicted
Joana's mother was sentenced to seven months in prison for making false statements during the trial. The progenitor accused five PJ inspectors of assaulting her when she was detained on the South Board in Faro. Although the Faro court has proven the assaults, the identities of all police officers have never been cleared. Resulting from this episode two officers of the PJ were convicted. Gonçalo Amaral, former coordinator of the Department of Criminal Investigation of PJ de Portimão, was sentenced to a year and a half in prison for the crime of falsehood of testimony, with suspended sentence for the same period. Inspector António Nunes Cardoso was sentenced to two years and three months for falsification of document, with suspended sentence for two years. The remaining PJ agents, identified by Leonor, were acquitted

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:07 pm

I wish someone could take their case up and they get justice not just for themselves but Joana too, another example of a corrupt legal system.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

sal

Post by sal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am

posted by green leaper on twitter
As seen in the above examples (particularly in the Tó Jó and Joana cases), the
police’s “pragmatism” towards forensic evidence is often biased against a suspect or
defendant, insofar as the institutional pressure to solve a case and obtain a conviction
can lead to exaggerated inferences.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... A_evidence

sal

Post by sal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 am

sal wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am
posted by green leaper on twitter
As seen in the above examples (particularly in the Tó Jó and Joana cases), the
police’s “pragmatism” towards forensic evidence is often biased against a suspect or
defendant, insofar as the institutional pressure to solve a case and obtain a conviction
can lead to exaggerated inferences.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... A_evidence
By contrast, in a similar case, it was after the PJ took
over the Joana case and began suspecting that Joana’s mother knew that her daughter
was dead – the coordinator of the investigation stated that what caused this suspicion
was that Leonor gave an interview in a television show and was wearing black, as is
traditional for someone who is in mourning, and that she referred to her daughter in the
past tense.
Jeez he must read the few crumbs short of a biscuit blog :s_crazy