Pat Brown -- FAILED LAWSUIT IN AUSTRALIA

catkins

Pat Brown -- FAILED LAWSUIT IN AUSTRALIA

Post by catkins » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Aww hankies out for Ms.Brown............. :rofl-1: ...(Thanks to JATYK2)

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

What Ever Happened to Profiler Pat Brown's Lawsuit against Rahni Sadler and Seven West Media?

A number of people have been asking whatever happened to my lawsuit against Rahni Sadler and Seven West Media after they mispresented and libeled me in their Sunday Night "documentary" about the Madeleine McCann case? Some have even asked if I just claimed to be suing them for publicity.

No, I was not seeking publicity. I had every plan of suing them and was working with my attorney, Brian Close, to go after them. He wrote a very excellent summary of charges against Seven West Media and they responded with a bunch of bogus malarkey. This was the necessary first step for an out-of-court settlement which could be admission of guilt with or without any monetary settlement or a monetary settlement with no admission of guilt; it is also part of the entire process to indicate to the court that you tried to settle the issue privately. This attempt of setttlement failed which meant we then had to go to the Australian court system. To begin the next leg of this libel suit, I needed to get an Australian solicitor to pursue the case. I contacted a half dozen attorneys and I learned that pursuing a case in Australia for libel against me was doomed to failure. Apparently, I could only win the case IF my damages occurred to a reasonably high level IN Australia. Since most of the damages were and would be (reputation and financial) in the US and the UK, I had a very weak case. In other words, as long as the producers of television shows to be aired in Australia cleverly pick foreigners to libel the crap out of, they will never be taken to court.

Since a lawsuit in Australia was now out, I pursued another methodology. I contacted two journalist organizations that were supposed to monitor ethics in journalism and investigate and punish those who do not follow the rules (the third organization I didn't bother with because that one was run by Seven West Media itself who had broken off with the others when things didn't go their way in the past!). However, both of those organizations refused to investigate Seven West Media in spite of the fact there was evidence that their standards had been transgressed. I can only guess they are really in league with the media organizations and are not going to bother with a nonAustralian's claims against them.

So, the end result; Australian journalists clearly can commit ethics violations against foreigners with impunity. If YOU are someone who is asked by the Australian media for an interview, think twice about cooperating. I still have one Australian media outlet and journalist who have been honorable with me (Mark Saunokonoko and Nine News) who I will still work with, but I will not be likely to cooperate with any others as it is not worth the risk to one's reputation.

Of course, it isn't only Australia that has a problem with journalistic ethics; the US and UK also have proven to be less than honorable which is why I usually restrict my interviews to live interviews so I cannot be edited, misrepresented, and libeled. All of this lack of integrity in the media is very disheartening because it prevents news from being truthful and factual and keeps people interested in getting the truth out to the public from sticking their necks out if doing so is going to result in getting them chopped off.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown
June 27, 2017
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Hael

Re: Pat Brown -- FAILED LAWSUIT IN AUSTRALIA

Post by Hael » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 pm

catkins wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:36 pm
Aww hankies out for Ms.Brown............. :rofl-1: ...(Thanks to JATYK2)

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

What Ever Happened to Profiler Pat Brown's Lawsuit against Rahni Sadler and Seven West Media?

A number of people have been asking whatever happened to my lawsuit against Rahni Sadler and Seven West Media after they mispresented and libeled me in their Sunday Night "documentary" about the Madeleine McCann case? Some have even asked if I just claimed to be suing them for publicity.

No, I was not seeking publicity. I had every plan of suing them and was working with my attorney, Brian Close, to go after them. He wrote a very excellent summary of charges against Seven West Media and they responded with a bunch of bogus malarkey. This was the necessary first step for an out-of-court settlement which could be admission of guilt with or without any monetary settlement or a monetary settlement with no admission of guilt; it is also part of the entire process to indicate to the court that you tried to settle the issue privately. This attempt of setttlement failed which meant we then had to go to the Australian court system. To begin the next leg of this libel suit, I needed to get an Australian solicitor to pursue the case. I contacted a half dozen attorneys and I learned that pursuing a case in Australia for libel against me was doomed to failure. Apparently, I could only win the case IF my damages occurred to a reasonably high level IN Australia. Since most of the damages were and would be (reputation and financial) in the US and the UK, I had a very weak case. In other words, as long as the producers of television shows to be aired in Australia cleverly pick foreigners to libel the crap out of, they will never be taken to court.

Since a lawsuit in Australia was now out, I pursued another methodology. I contacted two journalist organizations that were supposed to monitor ethics in journalism and investigate and punish those who do not follow the rules (the third organization I didn't bother with because that one was run by Seven West Media itself who had broken off with the others when things didn't go their way in the past!). However, both of those organizations refused to investigate Seven West Media in spite of the fact there was evidence that their standards had been transgressed. I can only guess they are really in league with the media organizations and are not going to bother with a nonAustralian's claims against them.

So, the end result; Australian journalists clearly can commit ethics violations against foreigners with impunity. If YOU are someone who is asked by the Australian media for an interview, think twice about cooperating. I still have one Australian media outlet and journalist who have been honorable with me (Mark Saunokonoko and Nine News) who I will still work with, but I will not be likely to cooperate with any others as it is not worth the risk to one's reputation.

Of course, it isn't only Australia that has a problem with journalistic ethics; the US and UK also have proven to be less than honorable which is why I usually restrict my interviews to live interviews so I cannot be edited, misrepresented, and libeled. All of this lack of integrity in the media is very disheartening because it prevents news from being truthful and factual and keeps people interested in getting the truth out to the public from sticking their necks out if doing so is going to result in getting them chopped off.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown
June 27, 2017
Stupid cow! If by her own words, she sticks to live interviews so that she can't be edited, misrepresented or libelled, why then did she agree to the non-live interview?

Odd how the media outlets and journalists are only "honorable (sic)" when they peddling her nonsense the way she want's it peddled.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

Rob1

Post by Rob1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 pm

She is a typical conspiracy theorist. She gets more crazy all the time.
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:52 am

If the channel she wanted to complain about had broken away from the other two press associations to form its own then of course the other two organisations cannot investigate it. By breaking away it took itself out of their jurisdiction so to speak.

Has she actually said how she was misrepresented as everything she said in the interview seemed to correlate to her previous assertions.

But why does she not just sue them in the us or UK or at least the broadcasters in those countries?

Rob1

Post by Rob1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:52 pm

I think Pat Brown's new reviewers are very polite. Compare

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/784 ... er_reviews
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Rob1 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:52 pm
I think Pat Brown's new reviewers are very polite. Compare

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/784 ... er_reviews

:rofl-1: :rofl-1: They've got her number.....what a twonk she is.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Remember that Pat Brown is aiming at a tiny captured audience who are literally gagging for anything that hurts the McCanns. Of course they are going to buy her pamphlet and they will write whatever she asks them to do in the review section as long as she keeps telling them that the McCanns will hate it. The woman is widely regarded as an egotistical attention seeker and that means she will be loving any discussion that mentions her. She probably spends her days googling her name :mrgreen: so I say ignore her because she will hate that even more than criticism. Every time the McCann case comes up, so does Pat Brown and a few others. Her book will flunk once all her troll fans have bought their copy and written their review. I'm always suspicious of a book that gets a whole load of 5 star reviews over a period of a few days, especially when they are short and vague and I think Amazon might be too if it's pointed out to them, but who really cares? Let her be a legend on her own Facebook page and it's only when she attacks the McCanns that she gets more than a handful of likes anyway.

Ps I asked some American friends what they thought of her and guess what.. they never heard of her :s_laughat

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Hawk wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:44 pm
Remember that Pat Brown is aiming at a tiny captured audience who are literally gagging for anything that hurts the McCanns. Of course they are going to buy her pamphlet and they will write whatever she asks them to do in the review section as long as she keeps telling them that the McCanns will hate it. The woman is widely regarded as an egotistical attention seeker and that means she will be loving any discussion that mentions her. She probably spends her days googling her name :mrgreen: so I say ignore her because she will hate that even more than criticism. Every time the McCann case comes up, so does Pat Brown and a few others. Her book will flunk once all her troll fans have bought their copy and written their review. I'm always suspicious of a book that gets a whole load of 5 star reviews over a period of a few days, especially when they are short and vague and I think Amazon might be too if it's pointed out to them, but who really cares? Let her be a legend on her own Facebook page and it's only when she attacks the McCanns that she gets more than a handful of likes anyway.

Ps I asked some American friends what they thought of her and guess what.. they never heard of her :s_laughat
Spot on Hawk :s_thumbsup .....And the funniest thing of all her "audience" have downloaded it free so I doubt she'll sell many copies......Shot herself in the foot for an Amazon rating.... :rofl-1: (or should that be pocket?).... :snig:

Hawk

Post by Hawk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 pm

She made it free to get the reviews.

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:51 pm

:snig: What's the point of good reviews if your target audience have already had it free?

Rob1

Post by Rob1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:28 pm

catkins wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:51 pm
:snig: What's the point of good reviews if your target audience have already had it free?
Free book for a good review? Perhaps makes the book look good for future selling? :s_dunno

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am

catkins wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:51 pm

:s_biggrin
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Hael

Post by Hael » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Hawk wrote:

:s_yes Accurate summary of the entire sad business.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

Carana

Post by Carana » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:46 pm

I thought she'd moved on to a new money-making venture organising exotic holidays for elderly ladies...

Or did I miss a few episodes? :s_dunno
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Carana

Post by Carana » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Hawk wrote:

How's her TV pundit career doing these days?
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

catkins

Post by catkins » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 am

What TV Career ?.................. :s_crazy