CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post Reply
User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Haven't we always said that the Trolls were NPD ers......aka nuts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... mailonline

Believe in conspiracy theories? You're probably a narcissist: People who doubt the moon landings are more likely to be selfish and attention-seeking
Psychologists from the University of Kent carried out three online studies
Hundreds of people completed questionnaires on conspiracy beliefs
They showed conspiracies are likely to be attractive to narcissists
But while low self-esteem, narcissism and belief in conspiracies are strongly linked, it is not clear that one causes the other, they add
By RYAN O'HARE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 17:26, 8 March 2016 | UPDATED: 00:33, 9 March 2016


Do you think the moon-landings were faked, vaccines are a plot for mind control, or that shadowy government agencies are keeping alien technology locked up in hidden bunkers?
If so, chances are you're a narcissist with low self-esteem, according to psychologists.
In the internet age conspiracy theories can incubate in quiet corners of the web, but it may be psychological predispositions of believers which keep them alive, rather than cold hard facts.
Scroll down for video
Through a number of online-studies, researchers at the University of Kent have showed strong links between the belief in conspiracy theories and those with narcissism (stock image) and low self-esteem
+4
Through a number of online-studies, researchers at the University of Kent have showed strong links between the belief in conspiracy theories and those with narcissism (stock image) and low self-esteem
Over the course of three online-based studies, researchers at the University of Kent showed strong links between the belief in conspiracy theories and negative psychological traits.
Writing in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, the team explained: 'Previous research linked the endorsement of conspiracy theories to low self-esteem.'

In the first study, a total of 202 participants completed questionnaires on conspiracy beliefs, asking how strongly they agreed with specific statements, such as whether governments carried out acts of terrorism on their own soil.
NARCISSISM VS LOW SELF-ESTEEM
Typically, narcissists tend to be cocky, full of themselves and have an inflated sense of self-worth, so having low self-esteem may seem like a paradox.
But psychology studies have shown that people who score as highly narcissistic can also have very low self-esteem.
Psychologists have suggested that in this group, the outwardly inflated self-confidence may be them overcompensating for a lack of belief in themselves.
There is also a subset of those who are highly narcissistic who, while having a strong sense of entitlement, may feel easily challenged and threatened.
Alongside this, they were asked to complete a narcissist scale and a self-esteem assessment.
The results showed that those people who rated highly on the narcissism scale and who had low self-esteem were more likely to be conspiracy believers.
But to test whether the individual's beliefs were due to their over inflated sense of self-worth, or because they had inflated sense of worth for others who held the same belief – which psychologists call collective narcissism.
Lead author of the study Dr Aleksandra Cichocka, a lecturer in social psychology at Kent, told PsyPost.org: 'Because conspiracy theories often refer to malevolent actions of groups, we wanted to distinguish whether it is a narcissistic image of the self or the group that predicts the endorsement of conspiracy theories.'
In practice, this could be someone wanting others to accept the beliefs of people who think the moon landings were faked, rather than just accepting that they, as an individual, believe they were a hoax.
Three online-based studies showed strong links between belief in conspiracy theories, such as government control through vaccination (illustrated), and negative psychological traits
+4
Researchers at the University of Kent showed strong links between the belief in conspiracy theories, such as faked moon landings (illustarted) - narcissism and low self-esteem
+4
Over the course of three online-based studies, researchers at the University of Kent showed strong links between the belief in conspiracy theories - such as government control through vaccination (illustrated left) or faked moon landings (illustrated right) - and these negative psychological traits
A second study, in 276 people, confirmed that it was the narcissistic individuals with low self-esteem were likely to believe in conspiracies even when they didn't show collective narcissism.
And the final study, which questioned more than 500 people, showed low self-esteem could be largely explained 'by the general negativity toward humans'.

LINKS BETWEEN CONSPIRACY, NARCISSISM AND SELF-ESTEEM
Over the course of three online-based studies, researchers at the University of Kent showed strong links between the belief in conspiracy theories and these psychological traits.
The results showed that those people who rated highly on the narcissism scale and who had low self-esteem were more likely to be conspiracy believers.
However, while low self-esteem, narcissism and belief in conspiracies are strongly linked, it is not clear that one - or a combination - causes the other.
But it hints at an interesting new angle to the world of conspiracy and those who reinforce belief.
However, while low self-esteem, narcissism and belief in conspiracies were strongly linked, it is not clear that one - or a combination - causes the other.
Dr Cichocka told PsyPost: 'Narcissists might be especially prone to believe in conspiracy theories due to their elevated self-consciousness connected with exaggerated feelings of being in the centre of others' attention.'
The authors added: 'We propose that conspiracy theories should rather be appealing to individuals with exaggerated feelings of self-love, such as narcissists, due to their paranoid tendencies.'
While such psychological studies paint conspiracy believers as more likely to have negative psychological traits, physicists aren't doing them many favours either.
A recent study suggested that if people really were hiding the truth about events such as the moon landings, it would only take four years to come to light.
Dr David Robert Grimes from Oxford University created an equation to express the probability of a conspiracy being either deliberately uncovered by a whistle-blower, or inadvertently revealed by a bungler.
The authors explain that conspiracy theories, such as governments hiding UFOs (stock image) should appeal 'to individuals with exaggerated feelings of self-love, such as narcissists, due to their paranoid tendencies'
+4
The authors explain that conspiracy theories, such as governments hiding UFOs (stock image) should appeal 'to individuals with exaggerated feelings of self-love, such as narcissists, due to their paranoid tendencies'
This factored in the number of conspirators, the length of time, and even the effects of conspirators dying, whether of old age or more nefarious means.
In each case, the number of conspirators and the time before the conspiracy was revealed were over-estimated to ensure that the odds of a leak happening were a 'best case scenario' for the conspirators.
From this he determined that all of the four plots would have been revealed long before now, and all within four years.


WHAT KIND OF NARCISSIST ARE YOU?
A new video from TEDEd breaks down the different types of narcissism, from the obvious to the not-so obvious, and explains how these traits almost always take a turn for the dark side.
Grandiose narcissists are the most familiar type, the video explains, and these people can be extroverted, dominant, and attention-seeking.
These types of narcissists will 'pursue attention and power,' often showing up among political and cultural leaders, and celebrities.
This way of viewing oneself can be nurtured by upbringing, especially in situations where parent's put their child on a pedestal.
Vulnerable narcissists are more reserved.
People with this trait have a strong sense of entitlement, and easily feel threatened or demeaned by the actions of others.
Cold, controlling parents can have a hand in fostering this trait, the video explains.
Narcissistic personality disorder is a much more extreme form, and is classified as a psychological disorder.
This is more common in men, and affects just 1-2 percent of the population.
These people also feel a sense of entitlement, and seek admiration and attention, but in a way that is all-encompassing, the experts explain.
A narcissistic personality disorder can consume a person's life.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4087
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Whiterose » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Bennett sounds like the last paragraph, sense of entitlement and seek admiration, but in a way that is all en-compassing, it can consume a persons life, yep that's true.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm

It is an interesting article. These arrogant people fill holes in their knowlege with their own fantasies.
There is a 'freedom of information' image circulating just now which refers to a murder investigation team and the conspiracy theorists are claiming that this can only have one meaning, that they know Madeleine was murdered. Of course it is possible that her life ended with murder. That has always been the case. K+G hold hope that it is not true, as any parent would do when there is no evidence that is absolute 100%. But it is correct that Operation Grange prepare for the possibility that their investigation will transform from a missing person case to a murder case and they will correctly do this by including such experts in their team.
Also, it would seem that this police team also specialize in serious crimes like missing people and that the name is slightly misleading. I think the police must believe these people to be quite crazy.
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:30 pm

I found this >
The officers will continue to be overseen by Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall, the current senior investigating officer, and sit within an existing major investigation team on the Homicide and Major Crime Command. This will give them access to officers within that team should they be required to support further operational activity.
Also
Murder/Major Investigation Teams (MIT) are the specialised homicide squads of the Metropolitan Police in London, England. Forming part of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, itself part of the Specialist Crime Directorate, there are 24 MITs within the Met. MITs investigate cases of murder, manslaughter, attempted murder where the evidence of intent is unambiguous, or where a risk assessment identifies substantive risk to life.[1] They also undertake investigations into missing persons or abductions where there is a reason to suspect life has been taken or is under threat and other investigations identified for specialist needs.[1]
Makes sense that homicide specialists are part of a missing person case, hopefully not required.
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 19580
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Carana » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Why are people so incredibly gullible?

Our brains don’t let piddling little facts get in the way of a good story, allowing lies to infect the mind with surprising ease.

By David Robson

24 March 2016

If you ever need proof of human gullibility, cast your mind back to the attack of the flesh-eating bananas. In January 2000, a series of chain emails began reporting that imported bananas were infecting people with “necrotizing fasciitis” – a rare disease in which the skin erupts into livid purple boils before disintegrating and peeling away from muscle and bone.

According to the email chain, the FDA was trying to cover up the epidemic to avoid panic. Faced with the threat, readers were encouraged to spread the word to their friends and family.

The threat was pure nonsense, of course. But by 28 January, the concern was great enough for the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to issue a statement decrying the rumour.

Did it help? Did it heck. Rather than quelling the rumour, they had only poured fuel on its flames. Within weeks, the CDC was hearing from so many distressed callers it had to set up a banana hotline. The facts became so distorted that people eventually started to quote the CDC as the source of the rumour. Even today, new variants of the myth have occasionally reignited those old fears.

The banana apocalypse may seem comical in hindsight, but the same cracks in our rational thinking can have serious, even dangerous, consequences

We may laugh at these far-fetched urban myths – as ridiculous as the ongoing theory that Paul McCartney, Miley Cyrus and Megan Fox have all been killed and replaced with lookalikes. But the same cracks in our logic allow the propagation of far more dangerous ideas, such as the belief that HIV is harmless and vitamin supplements can cure AIDS, that 9/11 was an ‘inside job’ by the US government, or that a tinfoil hat will stop the FBI from reading your thoughts.

Why do so many false beliefs persist in the face of hard evidence? And why do attempts to deny them only add grist to the rumour mill? It's not a question of intelligence – even Nobel Prize winners have fallen for some bizarre and baseless theories. But a series of recent psychological advances may offer some answers, showing how easy it is to construct a rumour that bypasses the brain’s deception filters.

(Credit: Getty Images)

According to conspiracy theorists, the actress Megan Fox has died and been replaced by lookalikes - not once, but twice (Credit: Getty Images)

One, somewhat humbling, explanation is that we are all “cognitive misers” – to save time and energy, our brains use intuition rather than analysis.

As a simple example, quickly answer the following questions:

“How many animals of each kind did Moses take on the Ark?”
“Margaret Thatcher was the president of what country?”

Between 10 and 50% of study participants presented with these questions fail to notice that it was Noah, not Moses, who built the Ark, and that Margaret Thatcher was the prime minster, not the president – even when they have been explicitly asked to note inaccuracies.

Known as the “Moses illusion”, this absentmindedness illustrates just how easily we miss the details of a statement, favouring the general gist in place of the specifics. Instead, we normally just judge whether it “feels” right or wrong before accepting or rejecting its message. “Even when we ‘know’ we should be drawing on facts and evidence, we just draw on feelings,” says Eryn Newman at the University of Southern California, whose forthcoming paper summarises the latest research on misinformation.

Based on the research to date, Newman suggests our gut reactions swivel around just five simple questions:

Does a fact come from a credible source?
Do others believe it?
Is there plenty of evidence to support it?
Is it compatible with what I believe?
Does it tell a good story?

Crucially, our responses to each of these points can be swayed by frivolous, extraneous, details that have nothing to do with the truth.

Consider the questions of whether others believe a statement or not, and whether the source is credible. We tend to trust people who are familiar to us, meaning that the more we see a talking head, the more we will begrudgingly start to believe what they say. “The fact that they aren’t an expert won’t even come into our judgement of the truth,” says Newman. What’s more, we fail to keep count of the number of people supporting a view; when that talking head repeats their idea on endless news programmes, it creates the illusion that the opinion is more popular and pervasive than it really is. Again, the result is that we tend to accept it as the truth.

Sticky nuggets

Then there’s the “cognitive fluency” of a statement – essentially, whether it tells a good, coherent story that is simple to imagine. “If something feels smooth and easy to process, then our default is to expect things to be true,” says Newman. This is particularly true if a myth easily fits with our expectations. “It has to be sticky – a nugget or soundbite that links to what you know, and reaffirms your beliefs,” agrees Stephan Lewandowsky at the University of Bristol in the UK, whose work has examined the psychology of climate change deniers.

A slick presentation will instantly boost the cognitive fluency of a claim, while raising its believability. In one recent study, Newman presented participants with an article (falsely) saying that a well-known rock singer was dead. The subjects were more likely to believe the claim if the article was presented next to a picture of him, simply because it became easier to bring the singer to mind – boosting the cognitive fluency of the statement. Similarly, writing in an easy-to-read font, or speaking with good enunciation, have been shown to increase cognitive fluency; indeed, Newman has shown that something as seemingly inconsequential as the sound of someone’s name can sway us; the easier it is to pronounce, the more likely we are to accept their judgement.

In light of these discoveries, you can begin to understand why the fear of the flesh-eating bananas was so infectious. For one thing, the chain emails were coming from people you inherently trust – your friends – increasing the credibility of the claim, and making it appear more popular. The concept itself was vivid and easy to picture – it had high cognitive fluency. If you happened to distrust the FDA and the government, the thought of a cover-up would have fitted neatly into your worldview.

(Credit: Getty Images)

It's true: we would rather hide our heads in the sand than listen to evidence questioning our beliefs, even if the facts are solid (Credit: Getty Images)

That cognitive miserliness can also help explain why those attempts to correct a myth have backfired so spectacularly, as the CDC found to their cost. Lab experiments confirm that offering counter-evidence only strengthens someone’s conviction. “In as little as 30 minutes, you can see a bounce-back effect where people are even more likely to believe the statement is true,” says Newman.

The problem, she says, emerges from our deeply flawed memories. Correcting the facts “would work very well if we could play back our memories as if they were recorded on video, but years of research show the memory is not perfect – we fill in gaps and we lose information,” she says.

Fraying beliefs

As a result of these frailties, we are instantly drawn to the juicier details of a story – the original myth – while forgetting the piddling little fact that it’s been proven false. Worse still, by repeating the original myth, the correction will have increased the familiarity of the claim – and as we’ve seen, familiarity breeds believability. Rather than uprooting the myth, the well-intentioned correction has only pushed it deeper.

A debunked myth may also leave an uncomfortable gap in the mind. Lewandowsky explains that our beliefs are embedded in our “mental models” of the way the world works; each idea is interlinked with our other views. It’s a little like a tightly bound book: once you tear out one page, the others may begin to fray as well. “You end up with a black hole in your mental representation, and people don’t like it.” To avoid that discomfort, we would often rather cling to the myth before our whole belief system starts unravelling.

Fortunately, there are more effective ways to set people straight and make the truth stick. For a start, you should avoid repeating the original story (where possible) and try to come up with a whole alternative to patch up the tear in their mental model. “If I tell you the Moon is not made of cheese, then you find it difficult to give up on the belief – but if I say it’s not cheese but rock, you say ‘OK, fine’, because you still have an idea of what the Moon is like,” explains Lewandowsky.

(Credit: Getty Images)

Andrew Wakefield (pictured) falsified elements of research that wrongly linked autism to MMR vaccines, leading him to be struck off the medical register (Credit: Getty Images)

Newman agrees it’s a helpful strategy. For instance, when considering the fears that MMR vaccines may be linked to autism, she suggests it would be better to build a narrative around the scientific fraud that gave rise to the fears – rather than the typical “myth-busting” article that unwittingly reinforces the misinformation. Whatever story you choose, you need to increase the cognitive fluency with clear language, pictures, and good presentation. And repeating the message, a little but often, will help to keep it fresh in their minds. Soon, it begins to feel as familiar and comfortable as the erroneous myth – and the tide of opinion should begin to turn.

At the very least, staying conscious of these flaws in your thinking will help you to identify when you may be being deceived. Both Newman and Lewandowsky point out that there is a flurry of misinformation flying around the forthcoming US presidential elections, as seen in Donald Trump’s claims that Mexican immigrants bring sexual violence and drug trafficking and Hillary Clinton’s opinion that Isis are using videos of Trump to recruit terrorists. (Neither statement held up to fact-checking.)

It’s always worth asking whether you have thought carefully about the things you are reading and hearing. Or are you just being a cognitive miser, persuaded by biased feelings rather than facts? Some of your dearest opinions may have no more substance than the great banana hoax of the year 2000.

--

David Robson is BBC Future’s feature writer. He is @d_a_robson on twitter.



http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016032 ... y-gullible
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:37 pm

:s_biggrin Could have been written specifically about the anti McCann trolls.


A lot of it is true though.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:55 am

catkins wrote::s_biggrin Could have been written specifically about the anti McCann trolls.


A lot of it is true though.
And so too could this article >>

http://sandyhookanalysis.blogspot.co.uk ... s-and.html

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
MelO
Posts: 4279
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by MelO » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 am

"A slick presentation will instantly boost the cognitive fluency of a claim, while raising its believability. In one recent study, Newman presented participants with an article (falsely) saying that a well-known rock singer was dead. The subjects were more likely to believe the claim if the article was presented next to a picture of him, simply because it became easier to bring the singer to mind – boosting the cognitive fluency of the statement".

Does this mean Bowie isn't really dead? :s_crazy .

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:48 am

:s_biggrin Good video......



Melo you mean peeps rushed out to buy his records/videos/discs................wrongly?.... :silent:
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 19580
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Carana » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:55 am

Image
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

User avatar
Alibongo
Posts: 18449
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Alibongo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:57 am

:s_laughat I'm sure Einstein is responsible for that quote.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 19580
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Carana » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:19 am

Einstein
Einstein.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

User avatar
Carana
Posts: 19580
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Carana » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:30 am

Image
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

User avatar
Hael
Posts: 20803
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Hael » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:41 pm

Carana wrote:Image
:s_thumbsup :snig:
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:52 am

This site proves most conspiracy theorists are people who misunderstand facts. Usually, logic will indicate an error in thinking, but not with the conspiracy theorists who have little logic to save them from fantasy thoughts.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/boston.asp
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:39 am

Carana wrote:Einstein
Einstein.png

Could have been written for the Trolls.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:54 am

Sandy Hook hoaxer has been sentenced >>

http://sandyhookanalysis.blogspot.co.uk ... mills.html
And so it begins...the Hoaxers are beginning to get what they deserve for their harassment of the victims families.
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
scoobydoo
Posts: 2152
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by scoobydoo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:03 pm

I read an article about how this man stalked lily Allen and justified by claiming she stole his song, a complete lie and fantasy. It reminds me of these conspiracy theorist who stalk the McCanns and sandy hook families claiming these victims have actually targeted them ruining their reputations and careers etc so they have no choice but to keep up their hate campaign. It's just stalking.

Hawk
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Hawk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 pm

scoobydoo wrote:I read an article about how this man stalked lily Allen and justified by claiming she stole his song, a complete lie and fantasy. It reminds me of these conspiracy theorist who stalk the McCanns and sandy hook families claiming these victims have actually targeted them ruining their reputations and careers etc so they have no choice but to keep up their hate campaign. It's just stalking.
You should read up on Clare Waxman. She was on last week discussing Lily Allen and her own stalking story.

User avatar
Whiterose
Posts: 4087
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Whiterose » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Rob1 wrote:Sandy Hook hoaxer has been sentenced >>

http://sandyhookanalysis.blogspot.co.uk ... mills.html
And so it begins...the Hoaxers are beginning to get what they deserve for their harassment of the victims families.

:s_thumbsup great news Rob.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:40 am

"Sandy Hook Hoaxer Matthew Mills, aka Youtuber "millsmost", has been sentenced on his guilty plea. As part of the plea bargain, Mills will be on probation for two years. He also received one year in jail, suspended."

It is time a tougher stance was taken with these people. Suspended sentences don't seem to work.....Look at Bennett how long did his apology and promises last?

Anyone who gets pleasure from inflicting mental...... or physical anguish on another should be dealt with properly.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:10 am

Please read this article. So many similarities to Mccann case and what K+G suffer.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... lying.html

Image
"These people aren't 'truthers,' they're hoaxers. All of their ridiculous theories have been debunked. They manufacture evidence, falsify documents, and misrepresent facts to create their own whacked-out version of reality."

That's the trick they use. Publicly, they present themselves as "truth-seekers." How can you get mad at someone who wants to investigate the facts or "have a conversation"? After all, they're "just asking questions." But privately, all they do is spew hate and quibble pointless technicalities so their little bubble doesn't collapse.
Conspiracy theories persist because they're fun -- an X-Files episode playing out in the real world. Everyone wants to feel like they're the truth seeker slaying the monster. But when you find yourself spamming death threats to a grieving father because you detected a factual error in a news report, you're no longer the truth seeker; you're the monster.
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:25 am

"These people aren't 'truthers,' they're hoaxers. All of their ridiculous theories have been debunked. They manufacture evidence, falsify documents, and misrepresent facts to create their own whacked-out version of reality."

:s_yes
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

User avatar
Rob1
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 am

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by Rob1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:55 am

A new film has been made about these conspiracy theorists and is final stages of publications. It explores the gang-stalking of family members and the dishonesty of these people. I do not know the precise date of broadcast, but will watch out and post it here when it becomes available.

:s_thumbsup
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. Thich Nhat Hanh

User avatar
catkins
Posts: 31070
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORISTS = NARCISSISTS..

Post by catkins » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:59 am

Thanks Rob......keep us posted.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Post Reply