The statement of Aurial Gaspar ....

honestbroker1

The statement of Aurial Gaspar ....

Post by honestbroker1 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Mrs Gaspar's husband
We never commented on this gesture during the rest of the holiday and I thought no more about it.

I can describe Dave as a Caucasian male 1.78 m tall, and of a medium complexion. He had brown hair and used glasses/contact lenses depending on the circumstances.

I can say that Dave was a pleasant person. I do not remember him having any unusual characteristics.

During the holidays Dave never behaved in an inappropriate manner with Madeleine or with any of the other children. Dave was popular with the children and I took this to be because he was a close friend to the family.

I never distrusted Dave. After the holidays there was one occasion when we were with Kate and Gerry and Fiona and Dave were also present.

That was in a restaurant in Leicester in 2005. I do not remember the name of the restaurant.

We had a pleasant evening, just the three couples without the children.

I do not remember Dave having behaved inappropriately on this occasion. We have not spoken to Dave or Fiona since December 2005, only due to their being friends of Kate and Gerry, not for any other reason.

The last time I saw Kate, Gerry, Madeleine, S*** and A***** was in March 2007 when they came to our house for the first birthday celebration of my daughter *****. On the morning of 4th May Katherine saw the news about Madeleine on television. We were very shocked and worried given that they were close friends.

It was during the days following the news of the abduction that we discovered that Fiona and David Payne were also with them in Portugal.

It was at this moment that Katherina showed concern at the gesture made by Dave in Majorca in 2005. Katherina remembered that when Dave made the gesture he was referring to Madeleine.

I only remember that Katherina saw the gesture at the time, I had forgotten the episode, it was never the subject of conversation.

At the time I did not feel the gesture was referring to Madeleine.

I
We can only speculate as to why Goncalo Amaral, in his book, said that Mr Gaspar and his wife gave a joint statement?

Or why Amaral claims Mrs Gaspar said she wouldn't let David Payne anywhere near her daughter when, according to Mrs Gaspar's statement that we read on line -- yes, the statement attributed to her that we read on line -- Mrs Gaspar allowed David Payne to bath her daughter.