Pedro

Charlie Gard: Great Ormond Street considers 'new evidence'

Post by Pedro » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

My friends, this was taken from Sky News:

http://news.sky.com/story/great-ormond- ... g-10940914

Whiterose

Re: Charlie Gard: Great Ormond Street considers 'new evidence'

Post by Whiterose » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 am

I hope the treatment works for him, the parents are fighting hard to keep him alive, they are well aware of the problems he will have, why shouldn't he have the treatment and see if it works, if it doesn't then they would know that they had tried everything, good luck to them.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:45 pm

So very sad I really don't know what I'd do in their shoes, :s_sad
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

catkins

Post by catkins » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Sad situation.....I can see both sides.....but I guess if Charlie was mine....if I really knew that he had a chance....and wasn't in pain.....I'd be reluctant to let go.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Carana

Post by Carana » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:10 pm

catkins wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:01 pm
Sad situation.....I can see both sides.....but I guess if Charlie was mine....if I really knew that he had a chance....and wasn't in pain.....I'd be reluctant to let go.
Agree.

Unfortunately, some people are so desparate that they end up in being victims to quacks and frauds.

In this case, it's not some self-designated guru selling snake oil.

However, it's not clear whether this experimental treatment could actually help him or not, even if the legal/ethical barriers can be overcome.

My thoughts go out to the family facing this awful situation.
"A professor of mine used to say 'I have as a pet a coprophagic beetle, who eats only dung. His antennae quiver when he detects the presence of his food.'" - Edison, English-language Wikipedia Admin

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Whiterose, your words are mine.

Chinagirl

Post by Chinagirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:35 pm

To my mind, artificially keeping this poor child alive, and allowing him to become a political football by the interventions of Trump and that publicity seeking US pastor, is utterly reprehensible. Of course one feels sympathy for the parents, but they seem to be in complete denial of the hopelessness of the situation. The kindest thing they could do for their son is allow the machines to be switched off.

What is the damage to Charlie?
Charlie is in intensive care at Great Ormond Street hospital in London, the leading children’s hospital in the UK. Life support machines are keeping him alive. The hospital says that he has severe brain damage, cannot move or breathe by himself, is deaf and has epilepsy. It says his heart, liver and kidneys are also affected. His eyelids cannot stay open and because of the weakness of the muscles, his eyes point in different directions and the damage to the brain will not allow his sight to develop. However, Charlie’s mother, Connie Yates, said on BBC 4’s Today programme on Monday that her son is responsive, enjoying tickles and watching videos with his parents. She also said that she had yet to see proof that her son had irreversible brain damage.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... rt-hearing
[T]hose children were left alone and because of that fact one of them disappeared. (Fatima de Oliveira Esteves)

Wrong.
It's because someone took her.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:16 pm

"Charlie’s mother, Connie Yates, said on BBC 4’s Today programme on Monday that her son is responsive, enjoying tickles and watching videos with his parents. She also said that she had yet to see proof that her son had irreversible brain damage. "

another reason to keep the machine working, because miracles do happen.

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Charlie Gard has now passed away in a hospice, rip little one :s_sad

I hope in future any other similar cases are heard in camera and not allowed to be played out n the public arena!
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

catkins

Post by catkins » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Just heard it on news....May the poor little lamb be pain free and at peace.

I hope his parents cope.....and I hope that lessons are learned all round.
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p