Jemmied

scoobydoo

Jemmied

Post by scoobydoo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am

I see there is going to be a podcast where some tests is going on about how it is a red flag the McCann's said the windows had been jemmied. Jemmied just means forced, it does not necessarily mean someone used an actual jemmy. A bit like when someone refers to having a hoover when they actually have a vacuum cleaner, hoover is a brand name that has come to be used generically. Same with jemmied where I come from, it just means forced.

More to the point the McCann's did not tell police they believed the window had been jemmied, they spoke to relatives on the phone and were reported as saying it must have been jemmied or something. If you left a window closed and found it opened thinking it had been jemmied or something is exactly what most people would think.

Coming back to find a window open and your child missing most people would consider seriously that window had been used in the abduction. But the McCann's openly admitted the patio door was unlocked so they had no reason to open the window themselves to try to take anything.

And the person harping on about jemmied being suspicious is also saying it would be difficult to get in the window due to its height off the ground. But this person is elderly, a younger person would have no problems getting through. It would take me minimal effort.

Going back to access though there was something in a statement from a previous tenant about how they had locked the front car park door but the cleaner just walked in. They had the key in the lock so she can't have used a key they said.

Alibongo

Re: Jemmied

Post by Alibongo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am

It's another example of nit picking by the armchair detectives who have nothing better to do.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

sal

Post by sal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 am

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/06/11/ ... ie-podcast

Top Maddie cop: 'I've seen nothing to make me think Gerry and Kate McCann had something to do with daughter's disappearance'

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am

Alibongo wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am
It's another example of nit picking by the armchair detectives who have nothing better to do.
Exactly, it's grasping at straws. Person finds window and shutter they believed to be locked shut wide open, person tells someone else they think it might have been jemmied open or something. The shock.

sal

Post by sal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:36 am

Gamble said as more evidence and information from Portugal came to light his team were convinced the McCanns were not involved.

sal

Post by sal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:59 am

scoobydoo wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am
Alibongo wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am
Exactly, it's grasping at straws. Person finds window and shutter they believed to be locked shut wide open, person tells someone else they think it might have been jemmied open or something. The shock.
Dear god, you have to be an idiot not to understand what happened. The McCann's had every right to believe that someone had forced the shutters up, they were supposed to be raised from inside, anyone would think that they had been forced up if they came home as you said and found the window and shutters open, when all week they had been kept closed. I don't know why these people still find the need to go over this, absolutely ridiculous, as for someone trying to get through with Madeleine, well there was a front door!!

Wait until they listen to his book and find that he also believes that Madeleine disappeared early in the week and no one saw her, they all lied or were mistaken.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Who has written a book saying Madeleine disappeared earlier in the week? How on earth do they really that with all the staff recognising Madeleine at the crèche. The crèche would have had strict numbers they would know exactly how many children were there. They say Madeleine was there, going on on the board with them. So who was this child, where was she before Madeleine disappeared and after the alarm was raised? How on earth could they swap two children without anyone noticing? Madeleine had a very distinct eye, people are going to notice that if it suddenly disappeared. But the thing is Madeline was not a baby of a few weeks old, she was almost four. You are not going to have her spend time with the nannies and then just swap another girl without them pointing out that it's a different child.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 pm

PeterMac Scooby, he has an Ebook. I know it's crazy, and he was a senior Police Officer :s_omg
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Winter

Post by Winter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Whiterose wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 pm
PeterMac Scooby, he has an Ebook. I know it's crazy, and he was a senior Police Officer :s_omg
He was also a creep. Have you seen his Letter to Madeleine and comments about her photos? Someone drew my attention to them the other day. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Hope the press pick up on that, and his views on other missing children. Apparently he wrote a short sketch about April Jones' funeral, liking it to a Monty Python sketch. That is the calibre of the man we are talking about. A nasty man and conspiracy theorist.
"there is a big difference between a few sordid insults, and publicly accusing someone of committing a serious crime - which is a crime in itself" AnnaEsse (Oh the irony!)

sal

Post by sal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm

well said winter.

some ex cop, disgusting

I wonder how pleased he would be if TK of theSun put them in print.

sal

Post by sal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:12 pm

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/ ... entry.html

Winter

Post by Winter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:48 pm

sal wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:31 pm
well said winter.

some ex cop, disgusting

I wonder how pleased he would be if TK of theSun put them in print.
Don't think he would be pleased at all, nor should he be. His comments and letter are disgraceful. Much the same as his sidekick Bennett.
"there is a big difference between a few sordid insults, and publicly accusing someone of committing a serious crime - which is a crime in itself" AnnaEsse (Oh the irony!)

sal

Post by sal » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:54 am

@JimGamble_INEQE
Follow Follow @JimGamble_INEQE
More
Replying to @MancunianMEDlC @EmmaJJW and 6 others
Their other children are growing up in a digital world filled with the bile of people who don’t know the facts but don’t need them to throw an opinion about in vile thoughtless language. If the cap fits. Bye

5:54 PM - 8 Mar 2019

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm

sal wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:54 am
@JimGamble_INEQE
Follow Follow @JimGamble_INEQE
More
Replying to @MancunianMEDlC @EmmaJJW and 6 others
Their other children are growing up in a digital world filled with the bile of people who don’t know the facts but don’t need them to throw an opinion about in vile thoughtless language. If the cap fits. Bye

5:54 PM - 8 Mar 2019
Well said :s_thumbsup

Epictetus

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 am

Winter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm
Whiterose wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 pm
He was also a creep. Have you seen his Letter to Madeleine and comments about her photos? Someone drew my attention to them the other day. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Hope the press pick up on that, and his views on other missing children. Apparently he wrote a short sketch about April Jones' funeral, liking it to a Monty Python sketch. That is the calibre of the man we are talking about. A nasty man and conspiracy theorist.
Yes he did write a Monty python style sketch about little April Jones didn't he. A five year old girl is murdered and her body destroyed so all her mum and dad have to bury is done tiny skull fragments and that old man thinks it's funny to make fun of the grief. I really hope the daily mail write about that. "ex cop wrote comedy sketch mocking little murdered April Jones" won't win him many fans.

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

Actually I have been watching a couple of things on TV that both used the word jimmied to mean forced, rather than the use of a specific tool. So it's not just a local thing.