Mail

sal

Mail

Post by sal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:54 am

Whiterose

Re: Mail

Post by Whiterose » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks sal :s_thumbsup

If true, that is very sad. Imagine waiting every day for news about your child, then getting the devastating news they are closing the investigation. It must be so hard on them. :s_sad

I expect anti's will be happy if it's closed, though what they will fill their days with if it is I don't know. Probably rehash all the past again and again, sad lives.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

sal

Post by sal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:11 pm

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Well ...

My position, for a long time, has been a fervent wish that extra cash was not necessary, because the crime was finally solved.

My heart sinks a little when extra cash is requested, because that means the crime has not been solved; and it sank a lot with the earlier story Sal linked to which suggested that funding had come to an end, apparently, without resolution.

Not sure what to think, now.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:56 am

I doubt very much if they are DEMANDING extra cash, dramatic way to sell papers. They must be on to something to want to keep going, I hope they get the money as it would be a waste if they don't if they are close to solving the case.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

honestbroker1

Post by honestbroker1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 am

Whiterose wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:56 am

I doubt very much if they are DEMANDING extra cash, dramatic way to sell papers. They must be on to something to want to keep going, I hope they get the money as it would be a waste if they don't if they are close to solving the case.
That's the thing. Aside from the (very real) emotional aspects for the McCanns and Madeleine's extended family, every penny so far spent would, indeed, be a waste if the investigation were to be shelved, particularly with it being (perhaps) on the brink of a major breakthrough.

I wonder whether the first story was just manufacturing 'news' from nothing, expect that funding most recently granted was known to be near the end?

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:21 am

It's click bait to the haters who use headlines like this to vent their spleens :rolleyes:
Of course the Met Police aren't demanding money it's quite simply they are asking for more funding which hopefully means they are near to finding or solving this terrible mystery.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills