sal

Old article- McCanns and the press.

Post by sal » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Alibongo

Re: Old article- McCanns and the press.

Post by Alibongo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Good article! Thanks Sal.

:s_thumbsup
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:11 am

Thanks sal :s_thumbsup

The problem for the McCanns was that their emotional responses were being continually scrutinised by a public who had never experienced what they were trying to judge. That Gerry McCann – wasn't he a bit too efficient, too campaigning? And Kate – she didn't cry much, did she? "I think people have an idea of what they think a normal reaction would be," says Dr Claire Fyvie, director of the Edinburgh Traumatic Stress Centre, "but I don't think there is a normal reaction to this kind of event. The range is so diverse that it's inappropriate to make judgments."

That is so true, no one knows how they would react until they are faced with it themselves. Gerry wanted to be active he threw himself into the search for Madeleine, some say he looked smug and arrogant, all I saw was a father determined to find his daughter, I think I would come over arrogant if I was faced with people trying to put the blame on me for my daughters disappearance, he was defending himself and Kate. People are so quick in saying what they should have done what they should have said and how they should behave, but until you have been in their position you wouldn't have a clue.
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

Hael

Post by Hael » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Whiterose wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:11 am

The problem for the McCanns was that their emotional responses were being continually scrutinised by a public who had never experienced what they were trying to judge. That Gerry McCann – wasn't he a bit too efficient, too campaigning? And Kate – she didn't cry much, did she? "I think people have an idea of what they think a normal reaction would be," says Dr Claire Fyvie, director of the Edinburgh Traumatic Stress Centre, "but I don't think there is a normal reaction to this kind of event. The range is so diverse that it's inappropriate to make judgments."

That is so true, no one knows how they would react until they are faced with it themselves. Gerry wanted to be active he threw himself into the search for Madeleine, some say he looked smug and arrogant, all I saw was a father determined to find his daughter, I think I would come over arrogant if I was faced with people trying to put the blame on me for my daughters disappearance, he was defending himself and Kate. People are so quick in saying what they should have done what they should have said and how they should behave, but until you have been in their position you wouldn't have a clue.
Well said Whiterose.

The anti-McCann's also nit-pick bits. Almost no mentions of how emotional Gerry was, holding back the tears giving a statement, after they flew back to the UK. They only concentrate on what they see as a cold, controlling, cunning person.

And they just don't understand that they weren't able to say much.
Despite there being so much we wish to say, we are unable to do so, except to say this: we have played no part in the disappearance of our lovely daughter Madeleine.”

- Gerry McCann speaks out after flying back to England.
The trolls funding a shamed coppers right to lie about Kate and Gerry McCann are a new level of weirdo.[omitted] they may have destroyed all hope for good.Talking up conspiracy theories is one thing.Wrecking the search for an abducted child is another.-The Sun

catkins

Post by catkins » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Hael wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 pm
Whiterose wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:11 am

Well said Whiterose.

The anti-McCann's also nit-pick bits. Almost no mentions of how emotional Gerry was, holding back the tears giving a statement, after they flew back to the UK. They only concentrate on what they see as a cold, controlling, cunning person.

And they just don't understand that they weren't able to say much.
Despite there being so much we wish to say, we are unable to do so, except to say this: we have played no part in the disappearance of our lovely daughter Madeleine.”

- Gerry McCann speaks out after flying back to England.
Pitchforking trolls have to nit-pick.........they have zero else to prove their warped theories. :sick: .
Madeleine McCann- Abducted May 2007 from Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal.
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find. ... ign?_rdr=p

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Gerry did sound very emotional when he give that statement, it was heart breaking. I remember reading that Kate sobbed all the way home on the plane. Kates mother said they arrived and just howled when they got inside the house. How can people say they are arrogant and don't care. They must have swinging bricks instead of hearts to say things like that. :s_sad
"The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."

Epictetus

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm

People also ignore what they do not want to see. No Kate McCann was not a snotty blubbing mess, but she looked absolutely stricken and broken. She did not look unemotional or cold. Neither did Gerry McCann. But a certain type of person thinks we should all react like reality TV stars and howl and wail at so much as a broken nail.

Alibongo

Post by Alibongo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:56 pm

I remember Karen Matthews being used by anti's as an example of what a 'real Mother' of an abducted child should look like.
Parent-blaming is all-too-common these days, and usually the point is to make other parents feel better about their own parenting skills

catkins

Post by catkins » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:01 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm
People also ignore what they do not want to see. No Kate McCann was not a snotty blubbing mess, but she looked absolutely stricken and broken. She did not look unemotional or cold. Neither did Gerry McCann. But a certain type of person thinks we should all react like reality TV stars and howl and wail at so much as a broken nail.
Antis are to dim to understand this Scooby. :s_crazy
DCI Redwood of Scotland Yard - stated that Madeleine could still be found - alive.

catkins

Post by catkins » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Alibongo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:56 pm
I remember Karen Matthews being used by anti's as an example of what a 'real Mother' of an abducted child should look like.
:silent: